NISCAIR Online Periodicals Repository

NISCAIR ONLINE PERIODICALS REPOSITORY (NOPR)  >
NISCAIR PUBLICATIONS >
Research Journals >
Indian Journal of Chemistry -Section A (IJC-A) >
IJC-A Vol.46A [2007] >
IJC-A Vol.46A(12) [December 2007] >


Title: Preparation of silica nanoparticle through coating with octyldecyltrimethoxy silane
Authors: Venkatathri, N
Issue Date: Dec-2007
Publisher: CSIR
IPC CodeInt. Cl.⁸ B82B3/00
Abstract: Silica nanoparticles have been prepared using tetrethylorthosilicate, water, aqueous ammonia, ethanol and octadecyltrimethoxy silane as constituents. Kinetics studies have been carried out to characterize the material by analyzing the yield, which follows an S type curve. At the eighth hour, the yield reaches maximum in time (hours) versus yield (%) plot. In conventional synthesis, a part of the product particles is small in size (100 nm, 80%) while the remaining is bigger in size (300 nm, 20%). The particle size is normalized on addition of octadecyltrimethoxy silane and is increased to a small extent (400 nm). The sample has been analyzed by XRD, SEM, TEM,E-DAX, FT-IR, N₂ adsorption and ²⁸Si MASNMR techniques. The sample is amorphous with surface area of 93.54 m²/g and contains Q₂, Q₃ and Q₄ species. TEM reveals the particles to be core shell type which is absent in ODTS-free samples. The samples show Si-O-Si tetrahedral skeletal vibrations.
Page(s): 1955-1958
ISSN: 0376-4710
Source:IJC-A Vol.46A(12) [December 2007]

Files in This Item:

File Description SizeFormat
IJCA 46A(12) 1955-1958.pdf1.73 MBAdobe PDFView/Open
 Current Page Visits: 776 
Recommend this item

 

National Knowledge Resources Consortium |  NISCAIR Website |  Contact us |  Feedback

Disclaimer: NISCAIR assumes no responsibility for the statements and opinions advanced by contributors. The editorial staff in its work of examining papers received for publication is helped, in an honorary capacity, by many distinguished engineers and scientists.

CC License Except where otherwise noted, the Articles on this site are licensed under Creative Commons License: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India

Copyright © 2012 The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi. All rights reserved.

Powered by DSpace Copyright © 2002-2007 MIT and Hewlett-Packard | Compliant to OAI-PMH V 2.0

Home Page Total Visits: 574477 since 06-Feb-2009  Last updated on 26-Aug-2014Webmaster: nopr@niscair.res.in